December 24th, 2021
VCDC NEWS & EVENTS!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Vermillion Area Chamber & Development Company!
New Member Alert!
Help us welcome Hot Plate as our newest chamber member! You can reach them on Facebook at @HotPlate404, call at (605) 658-0164, or swing in at 404 Bower St. for some delicious Indian food!
VCDC Up NEXT Coffee Hour
No Up NEXT Coffee Hour on December 29th. We will see you on January 5th for our regularly scheduled program.
New Vermillion NEXT Members
Help us welcome Marcus Destin, Aaron Mercado, Zbynek Surovec, Grace Mancy, Kyle Greywall, Alyssa Walker and Andre Hawkins to the Vermillion NEXT Young Professionals Network!
First Baby of 2022 Welcome Package
Sanford Vermillion Medical Center is pleased to announce that we are currently preparing the First Baby of 2022 Welcome Package. This is a great opportunity for you to welcome the year’s newest arrival and congratulate the parents of the First Baby of 2022.
If you choose to make a donation, your business/organization will be recognized in the local newspaper press release. In order to have the First Baby of 2022 Welcome Package ready for the ringing in of the New Year, we would like to have all items collected by December 30, if possible.
We will be happy to pick up donated items, or if you prefer, you may drop off or mail your contribution at Sanford Vermillion Medical Center 20 South Plum Street Vermillion, SD 57069 (attention Jill Christopherson). If you have any questions, my contact information is below.
Thank you for your time. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Women’s Basketball vs University of North Dakota | Thursday, December 30th | 7 pm | Sanford Coyote Sports Center
Men’s Basketball vs Oral Roberts | Monday, December 20th| 7 pm | Sanford Coyote Sports Center
Men’s Basketball vs Kansas City | Wednesday, December 22nd | 7 pm | Sanford Coyote Sports Center
2022 National Small Business Week Awards!
Please remember the deadline is January 11, 2022 to nominate that special business for recognition during National Small Business Week in May 2022.
The SBA South Dakota District Office invites you to nominate a local small business and/or individual or organization to be considered for recognition for one of the following awards:
National Small Business Week Awards
• Small Business Person of the Year
• Exporter of the Year
District Small Business Week Awards
• Family-Owned Small Business: Nominees must serve as a majority owner & operator or bear principal responsibility for operating a small business with at least a 15-year track record that has been passed down through one or more generations.
• Minority-Owned Small Business: Any individual who qualifies as a minority and who owns at least 51% and operates a small business with a 3-year track record and a commitment to strengthen minority-owned businesses in the community may be nominated.
• Veteran-Owned Small Business: A business that is at least 51% veteran-owned with a successful track record and a commitment to strengthen veteran-owned businesses within the community.
• Woman-Owned Small Business: A business that is at least 51% women-owned with a successful track record and a commitment to strengthen woman-owned businesses within the community.
• Young Entrepreneur -Owned Small Business: Any individual who serves as majority owner and operates or bears principal responsibility for operating a small business with a 3-year track record, and who will not have reached the age of 30 by June 1 of the year the award will be presented.
• Small Business Champion: An organization/individual selected by the District Director who has gone above and beyond as champion for small business in the State of South Dakota.
Where are the nominations to be sent?
All nominations must be submitted electronically to the U.S. Small Business Administration South Dakota District Office BOX account, https://sba.app.box.com/f/659a6d0b1b7d41e9ad0cf54819303035. BOX account information is available at www.sba.gov/nsbw.
How to Nominate
Step 1: Review the nomination criteria
Start by reviewing the National Small Business Week 2022 Award Nominations Guidelines .
Step 2: Gather and complete the required forms
All forms can be downloaded from the National Small Business Week website. Refer to the nomination guidelines to determine which forms to submit.
Step 3: Submit your completed nomination electronically Submissions must be uploaded to the South Dakota District BOX account - https://sba.app.box.com/f/659a6d0b1b7d41e9ad0cf54819303035.
Step 4: Watch your email for communication regarding your nomination
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a volunteer opportunity?
Friends of Sharing the Dream in Guatemala is seeking volunteers to help in a variety of areas at their Vermillion store. Sharing the Dream is a fair-trade organization that works to reduce poverty in Guatemala through collaborative partnerships with Guatemalans. Their downtown store sells hand-crafted Guatemalan products and the profits support projects in Guatemala, such as workshops with artisans, healthcare and meals for elders, and a scholarship program for school aged students.
Volunteers in the Vermillion store provide customer service and assist with various store tasks tailored to their individual gifts. A few projects that volunteers have helped with include designing displays, working with inventory, providing social media and website updates, and Spanish letter translation. By volunteering with Sharing the Dream, you have the opportunity to promote fair trade values and sustainability while fostering a global community.
Contact info: Anna Van Holland - email@example.com