Clay County’s COVID-19 report for Saturday, May 23, shows positive test numbers remaining steady at 15. Clay County has 12 recovered cases and has had 272 negative cases.
Community spread in Clay County is minimal to moderate. There currently are three active cases in the county and the most county residents that have been hospitalized during the pandemic have been two. Saturday’s COVID-19 update for South Dakota contained the following information:
• 4,468 total cases, an increase of 112 from Friday;
• There were 1,184 new tests (33,528 total);
• No new deaths (50 total);
• Total hospitalizations: 358, including seven new hospitalizations reported Saturday. There are 90 currently hospitalized;
• Recovered cases are at 3,336. There are 1,082 active cases;
• In Yankton County, one new positive case was reported, its 46th overall. The number of recoveries rose by one to 32.
• Union County reported two new positive tests, giving it 75 known cases overall.
• Charles Mix County reported one new case, its 12th.